
I was born.
The first child to two young and very excited parents. A 4 1/2 pound preemie baby girl with a wrinkly forehead and a funny, old-professor looking hairline.
I can't believe it's been 30 years. I don't feel old enough to be in my thirties, but at the same time, I do have a few smile wrinkles, and 2 kids in elementary school to prove it, so I guess I could say, I knew it was coming.
Having such a milestone of a birthday, at a weird time, the day after our electricity came back on :)....but a few days after such an emotional whirlwind. Seeing trees that had split friends houses in half and other sorts of damage and heartache has given me a sense of gratitude that not even the best pre-Thanksgiving speech could conjure up. To realize my friends and family were all safe, and to be able to count my many blessings has been a good birthday present. Giving service and sharing burdens with neighbors and friends has reminded me, in this middle-of-my life-moment what is important.
8 comments:
30 years ago I would say...
"Happy Birthday Baby Janelle,
15 years ago I would say...
Happy Birthday to my BFF (Hee He)
TODAY I SAY..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR FRIEND!!
I am so greatful to get to share so much with my great friend, and what a blessing you are in my life.
To get to share life's adventures in marriage,parenting, decorating, plans, dreams and schemes is so great, and the trips to IKEA in the 'AS IS' section.
I hope your 30's bring you much happiness and wisdom, they have for me for so far.
Happy Birthday Sister Friend!!!
Love Kathleen
happy birthday!!! i wish i would have known it was your bday sunday! at least you have power for it. :)
Yeah- isn't it great to be a Virgo? Happy Birthday girl. I always remember that our b-days are only a few days apart. Hope it was kind of exciting, despite all this craziness! You are lucky to have power back there in the back of KW. Not many do! Miss you tons. I always say we need to get together!
Sorry your birthday was overshadowed by Ike. I am glad to hear it was still nice. Congratulations on being in the 30 club, I can't wait to join!
Happy Birthday, Janelle! You'll always be a little 18-year-old Scrubber to me. ;) Ahhh, the glory days... So glad you guys are safe and that you have power now!! We've been sending prayers your way.
Happy Birthday! I am so thankful that you and your family are safe! What a horrible experience, but it sounds like there are going to be good and uplifting experiences to be learned from it.
Happy Birthday Janelle! I'm glad you had a good day - and that you had power back by then!
Happy Birthday! I am looking at 30 in just over two weeks.
I am so glad that your family is safe and sound.
Post a Comment