Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?

That was the question on Tyler's worksheet from school today. I flipped through his folder right after school, curiously I studied the self portrait. The picture really gave me no clues as to what he had in mind for his future occupation.
Later tonight, I asked him what it was. His face lit up into a HUGE smile that I could see in the dark and he said, "I accidentally drew a mail box" (meaning MAIL man, I don't know if that just means he drew something that didn't work, that happened to look like a mail box, or he just plain changed his mind in the middle... who knows?) "but I want to be a police man." I was genuinely surprised, that was new. Then the classic reason why, "SO I can let everyone out of jail." NICE. So apparently the REAL job description of a policeman got distorted somewhere along the way...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Maybe the mail box was supposed to be the jail...or a dunkin donuts.

Jen Lee said...

That's awesome! I love to hear kids' reasoning~ their little minds process things so differently then we expect!

Kathleen Jackson said...

TOO CUTE!! I LOVE IT!!
Guess you need to watch less MAX AND RUBY and more COPS!!!!!!