Sunday, November 23, 2008

My boogie shoes






















We laced up our skates and did it! It was the kids first time at ice-skating, and Jeff had only been a few other times. I've been ice skating since I was little, and in-line skating since junior high, (not that I'm good at it) ... so it was a treat for me!



Instead of all the pictures of big cheezy smiles, I wish I had the millions of wipe-outs! It would play like America's Funniest Home video, "Hi mom..." with a wave and smile... BAM, on the ground in .06 flat! But, to their credit, they were all HUGE troopers and got back up with a smile and a wet bottom and just kept on going! They were all brave and no one complained about falling.



Those little granny-walker-helper things were nice, I didn't have to do "fall" patrol for an hour, but they are a little bit of a crutch. I don't remember ever using on of those, I learned to ice skate at the rink by my Grandma's house in Salt Lake, and I just held onto the wall every 5 seconds until I got it.

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

I've never seen those granny walker helper things - they look cool! I'm trying to picture my own family on ice skates... at this point in time it would not be a pretty picture. :) ps - love your necklace!

Jen Lee said...

You look fabulous!!! And I think the walkers are awesome~ that's great that your kids were all able to go.

Andrea said...

hey, looks like skating was fun... though i've never seen those walker things either. they do seem like a crutch for anyone older than a toddler.

it was good to see you two tonight at the play, i have been out of the loop (and out of it in general lately)
hey what's a good email to invite you to our blog?

Emily said...

That is so weird. I swear I left a comment on here a few days ago. Anyways, Ice Skating looked like a real hit! I bet you were grateful for the walkers cause otherwise they would have been hangin on to you and you would have been the one layin on the ground with them! He he. I always love to see people biff it ice skating (myself included). Warren has wanted us to take him since he could say ice skating. We need to do it!

Elaine Pettit said...

ahhh that looked like fun! Next time we want to come along I want to see you Miss Janelle do the spin on ice heheheh.

Julie said...

How fun that your kids are all old enough to go ice skating as a family! And I LOVE Brooklyn's hat - so cute! She is getting so grown up!