Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dearest!




Oh, how we love Jeff! Brooklyn described Jeff to me the other day like this: Dadda has a bald spot, is furry ( I LOVE that part!!!, hilarious!), and is funny.




When I told this to Jeff, I really played up that funny part... There is so much more to him that we admire and love. He is sensitive, kind, humble, hard working, intelligent, an excellent cleaner (I told my hairdresser this and she was VERY impressed), he is funny--in a 'Brooklyn thinks so' kind of way :), handsome, has HUGE muscles :), loves to spend time with his family more than anything else, and best of all, he loves us unconditionally.




Jeff has been driving a car, 45+ miles each way, for the part 6 years, that has no AC and no radio. That's Jeff. He's low maintenance. He goes to the gym any chance he can! Loves to pump that iron. Is an EXTREMELY cautious driver. almost to a fault...but I guess that's arguable, it's always good to be cautious. One thing he can't live without... his electric toothbrush. We've gone through so many of those... good thing my brother's in dental school and has hooked us up with a few.

Jeff is definitely the favorite parent! It might have to do with the fact that I do most (ALL) of the discipling, but it probably mostly has to do with his patience with the kids. They pile all over him when he's home, well, Lily still does at least. He loves to play with them, read to them, and just be with them! What a great Dadda he is!




I am so lucky to have Jeff as my husband! I loved him when we got married almost 9 years ago, but I couldn't have imagined how perfect he is for me now, at that time. You never know what life will deal you, and Jeff has proven to be my best bet yet! I love him!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

that was sweet of you to post about him-- i noticed you made sure to post before american idol started--lol

Kathleen Jackson said...

Happy Birthday Jeff,
Heath said "Tyler's Dad is my favorite other dad, he is so fun", I said "Why??
"Because he had a confetti cake and white ice cream at his party"!!!
What a great guy,making everyone happy!!!

Janelle said...

Gotta love those confetti cakes!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! I like the facial hair! Looks good on him. We love you and miss you!

Lisa Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff! So glad you found your curly-haired boy 9 years ago!

Kathleen Jackson said...

P.S.
FEVER!! LOL
love it

Emily said...

Yes..thanks for inviting us to celebrate AND thanks for being such a great friend and offering to help me Tuesday when I was sleep deprived. Hope you are feeling better.

You two do make a dashing pair.