
Ever since Grammy made the matching jammies for Lily and her dollie, her prayers have specifically mentioned "thank you for me and Muffin (the doll's name) to be twins." I love it! Every little girl secretly desires to match someone!!!
Grammy also made the jammies for Brooklyn to,Lily and Brooklyn were having fun being twinners, until Muffin came along. I couldn't bare to have Brooklyn be left out of the fun, so at her request I went in search of the very darling cupcake fabric.
TO my surprise, it was very easy to find! Making the dollie jammies was a whole other task I was not sure about, Grammy has much better skills that I do, but I plugged away. I pleasanly surprised myself and pulled it off. They were a little loose in the legs, and I wouldn't have thought twice about this, but my detail oriented daughter (LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER) notices this immediatey...come on, where's the lOVE? I tell her it was very tricky and it was the first time I ever tried it, and I will be much better next time. I guess this response sufficed.
So, here's to beating those American Girl Designers. Don't get me wrong, I l0ve the dolls. I would much rather Brooklyn play with a harmless doll with cute clothes, or a littlest pet shop with puppy dog eyes...than some other things marketed towards our innocent children. I abhor Brat dolls (I don't see how even the name does not turn off more consumers) and any other toy that screams no morals or entices our girls to grow up faster than need. Let them be girls!
Grammy also made the jammies for Brooklyn to,Lily and Brooklyn were having fun being twinners, until Muffin came along. I couldn't bare to have Brooklyn be left out of the fun, so at her request I went in search of the very darling cupcake fabric.
TO my surprise, it was very easy to find! Making the dollie jammies was a whole other task I was not sure about, Grammy has much better skills that I do, but I plugged away. I pleasanly surprised myself and pulled it off. They were a little loose in the legs, and I wouldn't have thought twice about this, but my detail oriented daughter (LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER) notices this immediatey...come on, where's the lOVE? I tell her it was very tricky and it was the first time I ever tried it, and I will be much better next time. I guess this response sufficed.
So, here's to beating those American Girl Designers. Don't get me wrong, I l0ve the dolls. I would much rather Brooklyn play with a harmless doll with cute clothes, or a littlest pet shop with puppy dog eyes...than some other things marketed towards our innocent children. I abhor Brat dolls (I don't see how even the name does not turn off more consumers) and any other toy that screams no morals or entices our girls to grow up faster than need. Let them be girls!
But, having said all that, I find it ironic that AG sells a doll who supposedly who grew up during the Depression that costs a TON of money! I refuse to buy those matching clothes... Back to the jammies, so I think making the matching clothes is much more fun, costs a million dollars less (actual cost: $3) and is the same amount of fun to play with, even more when you know it was an act love!
This blog will get a follow up if I can make matching jammies for Tyler's build-a- bear out of his PJ fabric. Poor guy... he walked in the middle of this mayhem with his big blue eyes holding his teddy... must be hard being the only boy. Little girrrrrls...Little girrrrrls... (think Annie)
5 comments:
The twinners are sooo cute! Good job, you are leaps and bounds above me in the sewing department... I can barely manage a pillow case.
Ps. I was just singing that song from Annie the other day in the shower. I was reliving my memories of elementary school when I played Ms. Hennigan.
I am VERY impressed with your creation! Little girls are so much fun!!!! Great idea with the Build-A-Bear. My boys like to play house with Shayden, but Korby doesn't really like the idea of them playing with Shayden's dolls. Hmmm... sounds like a fun birthday present!
Darling little blonde girls, matching jammies, pink cupcake fabric, pretty dolls,
What could be more
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
Janelle- those are sooooo cute!!! and I totally agree with innocent toys!
I was thinking "Little girls," from Annie, since I just looked at Katie's site. I love Annie. My favorite song in the movie is "We got Annie" more for the dancing and the enthusiasm, than it actually being a real song. And the going to the movies is fun. (The song, not all the choreography in the song, in the theater, though I LOVE the choreography when they were getting dressed up to go to the movies).
Mrs. Hannigan was awful!!!
Anyway, I agree with you about the idea for AG dolls, and agree with you about the price being ridiculous though.
And I ESPECIALLY agree about the Bratz dolls. It's true that the name alone turns me off, let alone the curvacious, 'hip' looking girls.
I also won't buy all the t-shirts that say things about not doing homework, or being rude to their siblings, or rude comments to the person reading the shirt, like about them not caring, etc. What does that teach? And all the shirts that give insults, what does that teach as well? (Although some of the wittier, milder ones are funny on adults, they're not appropriate for kids IMO)
Though I did buy Rob one (got it in boys, so got it in an XXL which is about a men's medium) because it shows an Atari game controller and says, "I game like it's my job." Since gaming *is* Rob's job, the shirt still cracks me up!
Oh, and I never said what I meant to say about the jammies: how darling! I have pics in my scrapbook with my cabbage patch doll (that my mom made), with matching jammies (that she made for both the doll and me), and I have pics with a nightgown where my little baby sister is wearing the matching doll nightgown that usually went on my doll.
Even my boys dress up Toggin, Bryce's Build a Bear stuffed turtle.
What memories!
Post a Comment