Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's great to be 8!


Ok, so I've been a little busy lately... but how can I not record one of the most important things my daughter will ever do?!!!


Brooklyn was baptized on May 9, 2009. It was such a joyous occasion!!! All friends and family, even those who live in California, came to celebrate with us. My parents from Austin came, and Jeff's parents from California came, and they brought along our adorable neice Maddie!!! It was her first time in Texas, it was such a treat to be with her!


I am so proud of Brooklyn, and this monumental age that she has reached! Brooklyn is a strong, independent, intelligent girl and she is definitely ready for this! My Mom and Dad gave her some special CD's with the music of Janice Kapp Perry, Mom has recently become friends with her (Sister Perry), which adds a special touch to her already moving music. Jeff's mom made a darling picture for Brooklyn, with each letter of her name beginning a quality.


Benevolent

Righteous

Open Hearted

Obedient

Kind

Loving

Yoked with Christ

Naturally Sweet


I loved this because it defines her in many different ways. Even if the bottom one makes her sound like a peach, I can definitely say they all are qualities that Brooklyn posseses! Especially the bottom one! :) It was a sweet day, with moments that touched my heart so profoundly I will never forget!!! This isn't a typical birthday post, and I hope I will find the time to do that later... and her birthday party post, and the picture that got her in the Houston Chronicle... well, at least on their website!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Brooklyn is such a sweetheart and she was so beautiful in her baptism dress! She is good example to others always and especially during primary she is so reverent. You are wonderful mom! We were so happy to be a part of this special occasion! Love you.

B-Rad said...

Great post. Glad to see you are doing well.

CJones said...

Congratulations Brooklyn! We are so proud of you and what a wonderful young lady you are!

Lisa Michelle said...

So great to see a new post!! Congrats to Miss Brooklyn! She looks so sweet in her white dress! What a great choice you made, Brooklyn - hugs from this "aunt" to you! ;)

Julie said...

What a special day that was! I love attending baptisms, the Spirit is always so strong there. Brooklyn is a sweet girl - I can't believe she is already 8!!

Jessica said...

I was thinking of you this busy weekend. She and Jeff look great in their whites.