So, we started a new tradition tonight. The fancy feast (isn't that the name of cat food?) is a borrowed tradition that we like. (Especially since Jeff made his """Famous BBQ Chicken"""" , according to Tyler.) Wow, if they only got half that excited when I cook. Jeff cooks once a month and gets an intro like that... Anyway, the feast was all I could have hoped for, they gobbled everything up, Lily even downed the spinach salad, NICE! I think eating off the China and drinking out of goblets made them especially eager to eat!
Then we took Jeff's sister Katie's advice and did a BTS fashion show. At first they were reluctant, Tyler finally decided that was definitely only for girls (even after I promised girls LOVE guys who are models...) So, the girls giggled and posed for us and we loved it. I love confidence building activities. I loved watching them pick poses, Brooklyn actually had a knack for it, which I was not expecting! So, here it is. We'll have more pictures tomorrow after the occasion. It's been built up so much, I hope they have a good day!!!
FASHION SHOW!

The audience. Must've been one exciting fashion show!!! (Jeff said the flowers on Lily's dress were popping off at him. ha ha ha)ps this is the dress I made for Lily, don't look closely, I haven't hemmed it yet.




FASHION SHOW!
Then we took Jeff's sister Katie's advice and did a BTS fashion show. At first they were reluctant, Tyler finally decided that was definitely only for girls (even after I promised girls LOVE guys who are models...) So, the girls giggled and posed for us and we loved it. I love confidence building activities. I loved watching them pick poses, Brooklyn actually had a knack for it, which I was not expecting!
We topped the night off with Grandma Phillip's yummy carrot cake, which sent the kids into a frenzy!!! That's when you know it's good!
5 comments:
Fun! I love the Lily's dress you made - how fun for her.
So adorable Janelle! I love the dress you made for Lily. Using the China was a cool idea, I'll have to do that next year. It looks like it was a very special evening. Can't wait to hear how the first day went!
so cute.. what great traditions.
I hope the continue to have great school years!
What a great idea! And I also love the dress you made for Lily -- nice!
What a great mom you are Janelle! Thanks for sharing your fun family activities with us. It was great to see you in Utah. You have such a beautiful family!!!
Post a Comment