I know what you're thinking about this. Yes, I have "done" Brooklyn's room too many times. Never to my satisfation though. There was always something a little off... or something missing. So, I finally painted and finished it up... (except for the white curtains I'll be getting from IKEA, which I will get as soon as I am fully recovered and don't have a drainage tube in my back...) I also put a pink rug in that is not on these pictures, so imagine the rug and curtains. The rest of the stuff that didn't go in her room anymore just got transfered to Lily's. Everyone is happy!
I had intentions of painting the whole room pink, but we got VOC paint, which is environmetally safe. (no smell or anything) It was unexpectedly difficult to work with and took more paint to cover up... so I only did the one wall. Which, I actually like better. It provides a nice, subtle contrast to the kakhi. I was pleased with the end result, especially the sihlouette I made. It looks just like her!!! The beautiful desk was the one Jeff pulled out of a dumpster for me, it was cream and had horrible hardware, so a few pulls and black spray paint gave the thing new life! I also mod podged over the magnetic board I made last year with a pretty black and cream pattern that is very classy. I made the black pillow too, which you can't really see from the picture, but it has six rosettes on the front it, making it very feminine. Fun and easy make over!
5 comments:
Janelle, I love it! I can't believe you found that desk in a dumpster! You are amazing. It looks like a model home.
looks beautiful! I so want to do a silhouette project for my daughter's room. And a million other things too. :) Great re-do!
very cute! I can't wait til we have a house of our own (and children too) so we can decorate cute rooms like this!
sweet and classy!!
love it Janelle, you are so talented! I am sure Brooklyn just loves it!
Post a Comment