Friday, October 2, 2009

O M F

This most exquisite creation was so close to me, I desperately wanted to get Lily in the shot, but it was camera shy and bolted. I was especially excited because Brooklyn is going to be a peacock for Halloween, and I'm making the costume, so I got excited about the vibrant colors.
Lily liked the bird's "mohawk..."
the "perfect" pumpkin

Lily told me this was one of her favorite parts "with her friends on both sides of her." ~how sweet.


We were front and center with the exhaust piping right in front of us... I learned, the next ride we took the back seats!



rope swing and hay, like a typical princess, she wanted to be helped on and off, no jumping in the hay!




Lily and her sweet friend Crystal. and the deer.





Lily and I took a fun little day trip (can you still call it that if it only takes 15 minutes to get there?) to Old MacDonald's Farm.

We tagged along with some friends and enjoyed the beginnings of Fall weather. The weather was spectacular and the animals were tame and happy to eat as usual. For $1, you get a bag of animal feed that most of the birds and animals on the farm will eat out of your hand, including the deer. So, we embraced (me, reluctantly with a lifetime sized supply of hand sanitizer in my purse) the petting zoo.
We had a really fun time and will probably go back with the rest of the kids... or maybe the Oil Ranch... I love that place!







3 comments:

Elaine Pettit said...

Ahhh look like fun...I need some sewing tips from you missy. Let me know when you have a few minutes to spare so I can get some sewing lessons.

Emily said...

Looks like fun. WE have yet to go to that place yet. I know....pretty lame. We'll do it soon! :)

Jessica said...

You got some great pictures! So fun to talk to you at the farm. Are you holding up ok after surgery?? I've been thinking about you a lot.